Tuesday, December 23, 2008

This is NOT where I wanted to park!

I hate snow. Hate hate hate hate HATE snow! I was so excited to move somewhere that rarely has snow, so of course we're having the worst winter EVER! It started Friday, December 12th, and has been really bad since then! The roads got a little bit better the middle of last week, so I ran some errands Tuesday & Wednesday. And that's pretty much the only time I've left in that whole stretch of time! I was trying to get out of the house this morning, and this is what happened!

The very end of the driveway slopes up, and if there are cars in the way so I can't just go while I have momentum, I can't go. My parents both told me to just get up there as high as possible, but I still wasn't able to get going. So I had to back way up to try again. I got stuck in the snow. I was able to get going, then got stuck again. That happened a couple times. Then finally, I really got stuck. I'd work and work and finally get the tires moving, and would just slide further into the blackberry bushes. I finally ended up pretty much perpendicular to the road, and unable to make any forward or backward progress. It had been 75 minutes, and the gas tank said I had 0 miles left, so I gave up.





While I was starting this blog, my mom's friend Carolyn sent her husband Brian to pull me out. They have a nice big SUV with 4 wheel drive, and he was able to get me out! First he kind of pulled me more into the bushes, and my side mirror broke off, but it was already cracked. Then he got me out, and I still couldn't get any traction. So he finally just pulled me all the way out and across the road to the Zion Lutheran church across the street. I drove down to 7-Eleven, and got gas and slurpees. Then I realized that I was wearing the coolest boots ever!


Oh well. When I came back I just parked across the street! That way I can go somewhere later if I need to!

1 comments:

Nadine said...

Oh Wachel. I feel for you. I was complaining the other day because it was snowing and it looked like the roads hadn't been plowed in at least an hour or two and I was late for work as a result. And then I thought of you guys up there, trapped in the house because they have NEVER EVER been plowed. I hope it gets better soon! Love ya!