Sunday, December 21, 2008

What a good daughter-in-law I am!


Well, first of all I was a bad daughter-in-law. I forgot that I needed to get presents for my in-laws for a while. I don't know why, it just didn't occur to me. I got presents for my parents, assigned sibling, kids, husband, and even myself. :) I wrote the Christmas letter, made the Christmas card, and got most of them off last Wednesday. I was feeling great, totally on top of things! Then I remembered that we have Dan's side of the family as well! Ack!

Actually, now that I think of it, I think I have a semi-decent reason for forgetting. We got an email from the Morrill siblings discussing the elimination of gift giving between siblings & cousins. Later it was decided to just eliminate the cousins & keep the siblings. So I was thinking I didn't have to worry about the Morrill side at all. Well, now we have Dan's brother, Matt, and I have put Dan in charge of it. Hopefully he can handle it!

So, I braved the roads last Tuesday and went to Costco, and found something for my father-in-law. But nothing for my mother-in-law. So I started knitting a skinny scarf for her Thursday evening. I worked hard, knitting every chance I got (and we haven't gone anywhere since Wednesday, so I've had a lot of chances!), and I finished it today! I'm so proud of myself! I plan on braving the roads again tomorrow & putting it in 2 day mail, thus making it before Christmas (good use of the word "thus," huh?)! Yay me! I know it's pretty plain, but it's my first finished knitting project ever! I think it's pretty, and hopefully my mother-in-law will too!

2 comments:

Emily said...

Way to go. I wish that I knew how to knit...maybe someday. It really is pretty...I am sure that your MIL with love it!

amy welch said...

That's cool that you knit, I do too! I just finished a hat for Parker, at 12:30 this morning.