Monday, December 15, 2008

Printing envelopes is hard...

...way harder than I thought it would be. I'm being such a good girl this year, getting the Christmas letters ready so early! I am pretty sure I've never mailed them before Christmas before. I also have always hand written the addresses, but decided that in the name of simplicity this year I would print them. However, it has been much harder than I thought it would be. I did a couple test envelopes on blank whites, then started using my cute ones with red stars down the side. They match the paper my letter is printed on. I'm so neat, huh? I love things to match! Well, the printer did this to a lot of them:



I guess that isn't such a big deal, but then it did this to a few random ones throughout the list:

That, I don't think I'm okay with. Partly because it picked bad ones to do it on. My single brother-in-law's printed just fine, but my super cute roomate from BYU & my super crafty friend from BYU have totally ugly envelopes. It's like it knew which ones I wanted to look the nicest, and splooged ink all over!

Now I have a dilemma. I have 6 more addresses to confirm/get, and 5 more cute envelopes before I have to open another pack. So I either have to use the ugly ones & just give a plain white to 1 person, throw away the ugly ones and give white ones to like 7 people, or spend $5.99 + tax on another 50 pack. Sigh. What a problem.

2 comments:

gayelinn said...

Hi Rachel! Your blog is funny! I read all of Dec., Nov., and Oct., and Sept. I miss you!
Gayelinn

Emily said...

Use white ones. And next year use address labels. They are a lot easier to print and use. You can buy them at Walmart for like $3.50 for a pack of 60. WAY easier. Sorry that it was so messy. BTW: Can you send me your address? My email is eholly@gmail.com