Monday, December 8, 2008

Our Big Nursery Girl!

Yesterday was Katy's first day in Nursery, and she did GREAT! I was just positive that she'd have a hard time, loving her mommy as much as she does. I was so very irritated that we weren't allowed to bring her in early to get used to it. But she was such a big girl, and didn't have a problem!

Dan & I sat in there during the first activity (play-doh), assuming we'd be in for the long haul. But she just sat at the table with the other kids (none of whom were sad at all, which I'm sure helped!), occasionally looking at me to be excited about something she showed me. She was doing such a great job, we decided to leave at the first transition to another activity. She went to the blanket to sit down for the lesson, and I told her "It's time for Mommy & Daddy to go, we'll come back in a little while." She ran over to where we were leaving and started to whine. One of the teachers picked her up, and we left. We walked 10 feet down to a place where we could sit and listen to how long she cried. And she was done crying before we even sat down! She literally cried for only a couple seconds!

We hung around for a while, but she was totally fine! She has a friend named Bethany that she plays with when we go to aerobics at the church, and I saw them together a lot. Bethany's mom told me today that Bethany talked about playing with Katy, so they're good little friends! So cute!

I snuck out of Relief Society a few minutes early to get her, and this is what I saw:

It's hard to take pictures with a cell phone through the window. Katy is straight across in the light colored jumper with a pink shirt underneath. Bethany is to the left of her (holding Katy's right hand) in the black & red dress.
I took another picture when they came around. I love Katy's cute little ponytail!
I think they're getting ready for bubbles or something. And look, she just seems totally comfortable hanging out with the other kids!
Bubbles! Katy is right in the middle of the crowd! SO FUN!

I was so proud of sweet little Katy for doing such a great job! I can't believe she's already in Nursery, and playing so nicely with friends. What a big girl!

4 comments:

miriam said...

well that's a surprise! good job katy! that probably means she'd be a great big sister :)

Rachel said...

Hey, you can't get on me about having a 4th child until you have 1!

Nadine said...

I agree with Miriam. You guys make extra cute kids, so you need to have one more for the greater good of the gene pool.

Dan said...

stop it right now, seriously...