Saturday, November 8, 2008

Blog Catch-up: Happy Halloween!

I haven't uploaded pictures in a while, so I'm quite behind on blogging. I'm going to try and spread it out so as not to overwhelm anyone who reads our blog (does anybody?). And I'm doing it backwards, starting with the most recent thing I need to blog about. That way I'm not trying to do a whole bunch to get up to date, I'll just put them there when I get a chance!

Wouldn't it have been cute if I'd posted these on Halloween? No such luck. But here they are now! Here are our cute jack-o-lanterns. The one on the left is Ryan's - he wanted big oval eyes & lots of teeth. I told him I wouldn't do lots of teeth, but I'd do a few. I did 3 on the bottom & 2 on top. Then the 5 days between carving & Halloween made the top two go away somehow. Go figure. David's is the middle pumpkin. He wanted square eyes, and he drew this cute mouth. The right one is Katy's, I designed it after a cute "squinty eyes" face she does! See, you can see her 8 front teeth!



Once again I was able to convince my boys to be what I wanted them to be for Halloween. I couldn't find any boy costumes that I liked, so I made the Peter Pan & Captain Hook costumes. I bought the Tinker Bell though, I wasn't that ambitious!

2 comments:

Emily said...

What a cute little tinker bell fairy. What darling costumes. I am going to be in Seattle on the 20th, so hopefully I will see you at Crystal's party. It should be fun!

Nadine said...

Thanks for not overwhelming the blog followers. Very courteous of you. :-) Oh, and I read your blog. Do you read mine? I blogged about you. I cried and cried after you guys left our house last Sunday night and blogging made me feel better.