Tuesday, November 18, 2008

proof that girls are different than boys


You know how they say that boys will turn anything into a gun (or sword), even if you don't allow them in your house? I have certainly seen that, even though the boys mostly play with blocks & watch PBS or Playhouse Disney (so they aren't exposed to that kind of thing). Well, apparently the same is true for girls & girly things. This morning Katy found this slightly damp rag on the floor of the hallway (Why was it there? Mom? Do you know?). And immediately picked it up, found her baby, and tried to wrap the baby up in the dirty rag! I asked her if it was the baby's blanky, and she said "yes!" I don't think she's ever had a blanky for her doll, what made her think of it? She just knows that babies like blankies I guess!

I took the dirty rag from her & put it on the washing machine, then went and found a fairly small blanky in the toy closet. I swaddled her baby up in it, which made her very happy! She lovingly cradled it in her arms, then resumed playing with her baby in tow. We girls just love babies!

See Honey, when I feel the illogical urge to have another baby even with 3 naughty kids, it isn't my fault! It's in my DNA! Oh, and maybe it would help if we didn't make such adorable offspring!

3 comments:

Sue said...

The rag was in the hall because someone spilled water on the carpet outside the bathroom door last night. I used the rag to partially wipe it up, but then I was distracted--how could that be? We love having your "distractions" in our home!Love,
Mom

miriam said...

katy's cute even with crazy hair!

bizzymomma said...

that picture is so cute. I love her hair!!!