Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Still Alive!

After a couple weeks of trying to pack all our earthly belongings (some for an indefinite stay in WA, the rest to put in the garage until the house sells), trying to get my house perfectly beautifully clean, and trying to enjoy our last bit of time in UT doing all our favorite activities one last time, we have finally made it to WA! If I ever get around to it, I have lots of things to blog about - we went to the Planetarium, Dinosaur Museum, Farm Country, Cornbellys (twice!), Kangaroo Zoo, and Discovery Park. Then we had the most exciting adventure of all - a nice long car ride (15.5 hours from driveway to driveway, including stops), complete with dog & cat! I can't complain about anything but my lack of preparation - the kids were pretty close to perfect, the animals were really good (except for Molly occasionally thinking she should sit on my lap...), it was just a really loooong day, which would've been easier to handle if we had left earlier & gotten a better night's sleep the night before. But we made it! Yay!

2 comments:

jaclyn weist said...

Yay! I'm glad you're there safely. That's quite the trip. We should find out in the next couple days if we get to travel for 3 or 4 days to get where we're going. :) I'm glad everything went well!

miriam said...

Wait...I thought Molly WAS a lap dog! :)