Wednesday, November 5, 2008

First Day of School, Take Two!

Well, since we have no idea if we will be here for a short or long stay here in Washington, I enrolled David at Meridian Elementary! I went there for 5th & 6th grades, and all 4 of my siblings have been there as well. In fact, Hannah was there only 2.5 years ago! We missed the bus on our first day (I was planning on driving him, then changed my mind at the last second, apparently a bit too late!), so I got to drive him and wait with him for class to start. I asked what he was nervous about, and he said "nothing!" I asked what he was excited about, and he said "the whole school!" So hopefully he's having a great day!



"Hey, he's not in our class!"
"I'm the new kid!"

There are only 12 kids in his class, can you believe it? His class in Utah was about twice that, and it was quite a bit smaller than the morning classes!




2 comments:

Nurse Heidi said...

12 kids??? Wow. That's awesome! Hopefully it'll be an easy peasy transition for him. Glad you made it up there all in one piece.

amy welch said...

12 kids!!! Lucky!! Max has 26 in his class. There are 100 kindergartners at Martin Sortun.