Thursday, November 6, 2008

The things that are stressing me

This post is going to be a big ol' get stuff off my chest post, way more for my benefit than anybody else. Please indulge me in my ranting.

As pretty much anybody I've had any contact with in the last month knows, we are in a limbo period right now with Dan working at a new job in Portland, the kids & me living with my parents in Washington, and our house sitting around Utah, trying to get sold. In typical Rachel fashion, the more stress I feel, the more likely I am to sit around doing nothing productive & eating lots of junk. Not a good state to be in less than a week after Halloween! I'm hoping that putting my thoughts into words will maybe help me deal with it in a more productive manner, helping save me from eating myself to obesity!

To start with, I really miss my Danny Love. He started his trip to Portland 19 days ago, and I've only seen him 2 days since then. And it was over last weekend as we were working frantically to pack & clean, so we haven't had any quality, leisure time in 3 weeks. I miss it! Even if we spend too much of our time together just sitting together in front of the boob tube, at least we are together! I'm glad we get to see each other for weekends, but I don't know how long I can last with just that much!

Then there are the dogs. Our 7 month old Lab puppy & my parents 4 year old Sheltie are having a hard time getting along. And I have to say, it's about 90% Sadie. Molly occasionally barks back at her when Sadie gets mad that Molly has food, but Sadie growls and shows her teeth to Molly pretty much every time she comes near her! And she tries to take any food Molly has. Oh, tonight I gave each dog a pork flavored pressed rawhide bone, and Sadie just left hers sitting there while Molly chewed on hers a whole bunch. Now Sadie's is still just sitting there, and Sadie is chewing on Molly's! I suppose there's a chance that it's easier to chew on now that Molly has done part of it, but I think it's more of a show of dominance! Look at me, I'm chewing on your bone! Rude! I really love both dogs, and I really want them to be buddies. And I don't want my dog's presence to make our stay here harder on my parents. Just be nice doggies!

And the kids. Well, specifically the boys. I don't know if they're showing their stress about the whole relocation situation or what, but they have been so naughty lately! It's been a little while since I've done a reward system, and I get so sick of putting them on time outs. So it seems like I'm constantly just talking at them, reminding them that their behavior isn't appropriate, and they don't even seem to notice. I guess I need to figure out a new reward system, but just the thought of working on something like that wears me out. Anyone with something that's worked for them is welcome to share!

It makes me sad that Katy cries when Grandpa comes in the room. But tonight she actually gave him a goodbye hug, so maybe she's warming up to him. That would sure be nice!

I still haven't cleaned out the car since our road trip because it's been really rainy. It's really bad.

I'm so worn out from the month of packing & cleaning that I just want to sit around. And being back at my parents' house probably makes me feel like I should just let my mommy take care of me. I don't consciously think that, but maybe that's part of it. So I haven't done laundry yet, and my kids have left messes in pretty much every room of the house. Katy is particularly bad, especially with all the things that are at her level here that wouldn't be at my house. I don't know how much to Katy proof, how much to try and teach her not to touch (she is 17 months old, not very obedient yet!), and how much to just resign myself to cleaning up 10 times a day. I want to help with cooking & cleaning & whatnot, but just not yet. I think that makes my parents nervous though! I know I'm slacking, I just need a bit of a break! Then I'll help more!

Oh, and I try not to think about it, but a major stressor is selling our house! I'm not very impressed with our agent. He was the first one to call me after I put my house up FSBO, and he had a great sales pitch. Apparently that's what he spends his time on instead of selling the house! Our contract with him is up January 11th, I will get a new agent that very day if he hasn't sold it yet!

That's all for now. Thanks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been watching your blog hoping that you sell your house and I was reading that you are thinking of switching realtors. Now I have no personal connection with this guy other then we had him and 3 other realtors all come do a sales pitch at our house when we were for sale and he was by far the most impressive. He consistently is the 1st or 2nd realtor in sales in all of Utah every year. He brought newspapers and reports to prove it. He also is really good at pricing the market and what not. His name is Drew Armstrong. If you have to switch realtors I'd really suggest him. If your more interested in having a low price and being on the market you can list with ARI Realty (which is what we did) and you pay a one time fee of like $250 and you don't have to pay any commissions or anything. I hope your move goes well and that your able to sell your house!

Christine

jaclyn weist said...

Man, sounds like life is a little crazy for you! I hope it can calm down soon. I think a little down time might good for a bit!

Andy misses you and Gavin asks me everyday if we're picking up David. :)

Hope everything can calm down and get to normal! Good luck!