Tuesday, July 22, 2008

I think Katy wants some Lucky Charms, what do you think?



What a little fit that little girl just threw! Good grief!

For breakfast I gave her a few pieces of banana & some Kix. Hey, doesn't that sound yummy? Sounds good to me! Katy wanted nothing to do with it! She really doesn't like fruit, but I've been trying to give her some with every meal anyways to help her get over that. And I figured Kix is sweet enough without being sugary. Not sweet enough for Katy, apparently! She just sat there not eating.

Then I poured some Lucky Charms for the boys, and all hell broke loose. I guess she recognizes the box! She sat there crying for probably 10 minutes before I finally just got her down. She's not going to starve just missing one meal. So then she continued to wander around crying! And she found the extra box David brought in ("so when we run out we can just open the next one"), and REALLY started crying!

And all this over some cereal. I guess Katy isn't allowed to have sugary cereal at all if she's going to think she should always get it. She's 13 months old for goodness sake! Why does she think she gets what she wants?

4 comments:

JoJo Gonzo said...

She thinks she gets what she wants for two reasons. First, she's the baby, second, she's a female. ;)

miriam said...

I would rather eat lucky charms than yucky bananas any day.

Nadine said...

I think Kix and bananas sounds great, Rachel. :) The real question is, does she really eat the Lucky Charms, or does she pick out the marshmallows like I do?

Rachel said...

She picks out the marshmallows first, then eats the rest if she feels like it. Oh, and I gave in later (later enough that it wasn't giving in to the tantrum). She was in her highchair again for snack, and I grabbed the Lucky Charms box off the table to put it away. She saw me pick it up, and said "yes!" very excitedly. She was so happy, I couldn't tell her that I was actually just putting them away. So much for no more junk for Katy!