Sunday, July 13, 2008

Satan has possessed the children...

...but it's not just a regular possession...it's much sneakier. At this moment Katy is napping, and David & Ryan are quietly watching TV downstairs. And the dog is quietly sleeping under the table, for that matter. It is totally quiet up here, and I have lots of cleaning I'd like to do (mostly folding laundry & doing dishes, so relatively Sabbath appropriate). It is an extremely rare combination that all 3 children & the dog are leaving me along simultaneously, and I actually feel like doing more chores.

Why is that evil? Church starts in 4 minutes. Oh, vile tempter! Making my children be good so that I want to skip church!

Instead I will now call the boys up, and wake up poor Katy, so I can go and try to make them sit quietly for a long time. One o'clock church was much better when I was a teenager.

2 comments:

miriam said...

dang! he is sneaky! I agree, 1 o'clock church is horrible. It just ruins your day by making you spend all day waiting to go to church, and then you come home and the day is practically over.

bizzymomma said...

I think that you should have just taken a nap. Don't tell anyone I said that:)