Saturday, July 5, 2008

Losing my mind...

So you know that cliche of an old lady looking for her glasses, and they're on her head or around her neck? I just did the mommy equivalent. I just looked at the high chair and noticed that Katy wasn't there anymore. I momentarily started panicking. Did she fall out? Did she manage to climb down safely? Where did she go? What is she getting into? WHERE IS MY BABY?




I was holding her.

I've gotten so used to having her on my right hip that I totally didn't even notice she was there, and thought I'd lost her. Nice.

4 comments:

miriam said...

wow, that is special

bizzymomma said...

Rachel that is so freaking hillarious. I may have done the same thing a time or two.

Sue said...

I laughed so hard when I read that. I'm glad she wasn't lost!

DeLana said...

Been there, done that! Nice to know that I am not the only one. I lose my kids in my own house all the time. I usually find them asleep under a pile of blankets.