Monday, January 26, 2009

It was time to lose the mullet

So Katy got her first haircut! I loved her long curly silky blonde hair. It was so nice to run my fingers through. But the back was getting so nice and long, and the top was failing to keep up. She was starting to look little a little tiny hillbilly. So in the midst of trying to get my family ready to fly to California tomorrow, I took Katy to Supercuts!

I took pictures of her while she was getting it cut, but I did it with my dad's camera. I mistakenly assumed my batteries were dead (they die every couple of days). So I only have before and after. You'll just have to believe me when I tell you she did SO GOOD! She was so serious while sitting in the chair, it was hillarious! We'd talk to her and ask her questions, and she just sat there with a solemn face. Once she got down she got all happy & bubbly again! Oh, and I even made her get back up to get a bit more off, and the same transformations happened again! I didn't have to worry about her wiggling or being wild AT ALL! Yay Katy!

Here are some before shots. In this one I swear she has a little ponytail on top, I didn't let the mullet get THAT bad!

And here's a couple days ago getting a horsey ride from Grandpa. I love doing fun things with her hair, but it was just getting a bit too long and weird.


I'm a little sad that her hair is so short, but I think it looks cute!

Here's the back - thank goodness a cut didn't make her curls go away!


After her shower the sides curled a bunch more than they have lately. So that'll be my consolation for not having such long silky baby hair to play with anymore!

4 comments:

jaclyn weist said...

Very cute! Ashley's hair was the exact same way! I couldn't ever get it to lay right and it was unruly. So when she cut a part off it gave me the courage to cut the rest off. Now its adorable, manageable, easy to do, all one length and lays down! Makes me want to keep it that length. :) I love Katy's though. Its so cute!!

JoJo Gonzo said...

Sigh...still no haircut for Noah...and she's several months older. One day, one day

miriam said...

I like it. It's cuter than my haircut.

Nadine said...

Your haircut is cute too Miriam. But, oh, little Katy looks like such a BIG girl with her short hair. And I'm glad she was so obedient at the salon. :)