Thursday, January 8, 2009

Poor Puppy Molly


I finally remembered to make an appointment to have Molly spayed, and today was her big day. We got up and went to the vet at 7:30. She was so hyper & wild & excited! She thought she was going for a great adventure, and enjoyed all the different smells in the waiting room! Little did she know what was in store for her...


I got a call around 10:40 saying she was done & I could come get her after noon. So Ryan & Katy & I went to pick her up after driving David to the bus stop at 12:40. They brought her out, and the poor thing was so tired & groggy! Ryan & Katy both kept giving her hugs, and she just laid there. She didn't even try to kiss their faces!


I had to pick her up to put her in the car, and she didn't move from where I put her (usually she's in my seat by the time I get there and I have to push her out). Then when we got home she didn't hop out my door after me, and she didn't even hop out her door when I opened it. She laid there for me to take her picture, then I had to pick her up to get her out. We went right inside, assuming she'd stop to go potty if she needed to. She did need to, and didn't stop, so I had to take her back out. She let me know she needed to go by just sitting by the back door - usually she jumps up on the door really high, sometimes even touching the top of it! Then she tried to jump up over the rock wall like usual, and didn't make it, so I guided her to a better place. When we cam back inside she tried to hide in a corner, so I called her to her bed in my room, and she's been there ever since. She usually hates to be alone, always insisting on being wherever I am. So I'm going to finish this post, then go read a book on my bed. Poor puppy Molly would probably like that.


Oh, and I offered her a piece of grilled chicken breast from my lunch, and she didn't want it! Poor little girl doesn't feel well. I know in the long run this was a good thing to do, but I sure feel bad about it right now!

0 comments: