Friday, January 16, 2009

We didn't skip Christmas, just blogging about it

Well, if my goal was to be the last one to blog about Christmas, I think I made it! I do a pretty good job of blogging when I take pictures with my cell phone, but not when I take pictures with my camera. It seems like so much more work to connect it to the computer and upload the pictures than just to text it to my email address from my phone. Well, I finally did it a week or so ago, now here's the blog!


I love this picture of David diving into his stocking. If you look closely (or maybe you need a bigger picture) you can see his face so happy & excited! I love that he's smiling just because he's happy, not because he's smiling AT someone. And Ryan is holding his Nintendo DS Santa brought him (he requested a black one, so it's kinda hard to see), also very excited I bet, you just can't see his face.

Katy was a good girl this year, and Santa brought her a cool pink tricycle. Her legs still need to grow a bit for her to really enjoy it, but it sure is cute!

Sadly, I don't have any really good pictures of the kids opening their presents. I guess I spent more time in the moment enjoy it rather than taking pictures, which is good. So, here's David admiring a Lego set from Grandma & Grandpa Morrill, and Ryan getting ready to open a present. And Katy probably doing something naughty in the background. That girl was a present opening machine, would absolutely not wait her turn, and opened whatever presents she could get her hands on!


This was Ryan's big favorite! I had to open it & put it together because it came in just a plain brown box, and once he had that in his hands he wanted nothing to do with other presents! In hindsight, I should have just let him play with it, and saved the rest for later!


And here's the kids after church the following Sunday. Don't they look nice? I love dressing them up!




2 comments:

alanna said...

Hey, I just found your blog!
Your kicks are so stinkin' cute. I'm happy that I can keep up with you guys now. How are you?

Tamara and Alex said...

As a parent, I can appreciate how you like seeing David tearing into his stocking with a genuine smile on his face.
Your kids got such nice gifts from Santa! He must appreciate that you moved further north just to be closer to him!