Thursday, April 3, 2008

Discovery Gateway Children's Museum

In keeping with true Rachel form, I have to post a bunch of times while I'm thinking about it. We went to the Children's Museum last Friday, and I just put the pictures on the computer (Danny, are you proud of me? I did it all by myself!). We had so much fun!

We went with a preschool group taught by a lady in our ward so we could get in on the group price. And we got to have a fun little presentation on sound. Here are the boys playing their instruments. And when is Ryan going to outgrow his weird smile phase?
The kids got to "write" songs, and Ryan volunteered to play his for the group. He loved being the focus of attention! I guess he doesn't get that a lot with being a middle child.This was the coolest thing. There were all these clear tubes going all over the place, and they could put a ball in and watch it go. It was the first thing in the place, and I had to drag them away to show them that there was lots more to do!
Our next stop was the building area. Look what we built!
I tried taking Katy to the baby area, but she wasn't interested. I think she was a little freaked out by all the noisy kids running all over. She didn't like riding on elmo...
...or sitting in the little baby chair. Maybe next time.
They had a Life Flight helicopter outside that the kids got to play on. It was pretty chilly, or we would've stayed out there for a long time! The boys were fascinated!
I have to admit that seeing a Life Flight helicopter freaked me out a little. Last time I was near one of those it was taking my tiny little baby far away from me. So I tried to take a nice picture of Katy & me with it. She didn't cooperate.
Finally, Katy cheered up when we found these giant blocks! So much fun!
When I asked the boys later what their favorite thing at the Museum was , both of them mentioned this. Those are magnetic squares & triangles, and they were really cool. I checked them out in the gift shop, and they're like 70 bucks! I guess we'll just have to play with them there!

1 comments:

miriam said...

Man, I wish I got to do cool things like that. College is boring. Work isn't too boring yet. My apartment is boring. Man, I need to get a life!