Sunday, April 13, 2008

We survived!

After spending 15 hours on the road yesterday (including 5 stops), we made it to my parents' house! The boys were very good, Katy was...mostly good. Our first stop was only about 3 hours in, because Katy started asking for milk using sign language. She's still so new at sign, I want to reinforce her doing it, so I stopped as soon as I could once she started asking for milk. Our second & fourth stops were for gas and food (once I got down to 8 miles remaining!) Our third stop was just cause Katy was fussing (that was the one where Ryan decided he needed to poo in the men's restroom at the rest stop, and I ended up having to go in there to wipe him!). And fifth was meeting up with my parents in Ellensburg. They were on their way home from visiting Miriam & Garrett, and we timed it perfectly so we got to have ice cream together. I guess I hadn't told Ryan that we were meeting them, and boy was he surprised to see Grandma when he came down the slide!

Then Katy decided she had HAD it, and was pretty tired on top of that, so she started screaming unrelentingly. At that point it was just Katy, my mom, & me in my car. So my mom & I ended up going Katy a personal concert of Primary songs, which would soothe her as long as we were singing. I had to think of the next song before we finished, cause pausing would make her scream some more! Finally she fell asleep, and we made it home!

Sweet little Ryan was so excited when he found out we were spending the night at Grandma & Grandpa's house. I'm not sure what he expected, but he was surprised. Then this morning he said "Is today the day we're going home?" I told him we were staying until Saturday, so six days, and he is very excited! The boys LOVE it here! Grandma & Grandpa have a trampoline, hot tub, a couple swing sets, a big yard, lots of animals, and a play room full of the toys I grew up with. We're going to have a fun week!

1 comments:

Jenn said...

Fun times! It was good to see you yesterday!