Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Recent Happenings at the Morrills' House

I suppose I could blog without posting pictures, but who wants that? That reminds me, Miriam, you should've posted pics of the bum! Oh, and I have such a short memory lately, I forget anything that I don't take pictures of. I guess I just need to blog more often, but most of the time I get to myself is because my boys are on the computer (any of the 3 of them). Sigh.


So last week I told the boys they could play on the Wii as soon as the basement was clean. We'd already done most of it earlier so they had room to play Hulabaloo, so I figured it'd be easy. It was 6:20, so they had 40 min of possible Wii time before the bedtime routine begins. And guess what? I took this picture around 6:55! This was how big the mess was, and they couldn't get their act together and clean it, even when it meant getting to play on the Wii! SILLY BOYS!
(oh, and Dan, maybe you should cover that lovely hole in the wall?)

Katy was having a particularly destructive morning. She pulled out her pigtails, spit up on her pants, and got into everything! She pulled things out of the dishwasher to help motivate me to empty it, then climbed in! SILLY GIRL!

I think Katy might be getting more teeth, cause she refused to sleep yesterday! She wouldn't go to sleep at 11 like I thought she would (& should). She didn't fall asleep on the way to preschool. She finally fell asleep in her carseat between Lowe's & Walmart (like a 1 min drive), and slept in the carrier most of the time at Walmart.

So since she only slept for about 10-15 min, I figured she'd fall asleep again shortly. We even went to the farm after preschool for a little while, then drove about 20 min home, and she FINALLY fell asleep about 1 minute away from home. I didn't want to put her in her crib at that point since it was around 5:00 and I didn't want her to sleep too long, so I set her down in the living room. And there she stayed for about half an hour. And somehow that combined total of 45 min of nap made her stay up until 10, when she's been going down between 7:30 and 8! But, I am happy to announce, she slept 8.5 consecutive hours last night! I guess it was worth it!

Look at my artistic little guy! We've had this book for a while, but they've never done more than just color on the top part. Today Rynan drew the bus!

And Katy...isn't she beautiful? I don't know if it's just being her mama, but I just think she's the prettiest little thing! And I have so much fun with my little girly. I hadn't been putting bracelets on her since it was winter and they were hidden under her long sleeves, and I finally remembered a couple days ago. And I've been enjoying making bows & doing her pretty little hair. And now that it's warming up I get to put her in cute little dresses! So much fun!

2 comments:

miriam said...

I didn't have my camera with me. I'll keep it with me always in hopes of seeing the bum again! and did you make Katy's bracelets or buy them? because I really like them, and I'm determined that I will have a little baby girl someday and I want her to wear bracelets. Ryan's bus looks really good! that seems like a really grown up thing for him to be doing, but I think since I really haven't spent much time with him since he's been alive, he seems much younger in my mind.

Alisha B. Whitman said...

What is it with dishwashers that fascinate little toddlers? My girls have LOVED getting up in them, but hey it gives me a valid excuse not to open the dishwasher :) Katy is adorable. I'm so glad you got a little girl!