Wednesday, May 7, 2008

In typical Rachel fashion...

In typical Rachel fashion, I got really excited about blogging for a while, then moved on to something else. I am really starting to think that I have ADHD. Anyhow, I've been spending any spare time lately working in the yard. Every year around this time I get really excited about my flower gardens. I really love planting lots of pretty flowers, imagining how beautiful my garden will become as everything grows. It hasn't worked out quite the way I've planned yet, but maybe this will be the year! And one of these days we're going to really try to sell our house, and a beautiful garden will definitely help the curb appeal. So I'm not wasting time, I'm helping sell our house! Anyhow, that explains the lack of posts lately. Sorry!

Also, I've had some sick little ones this week. David had a fever & tummy bug on Monday. Katy came down with the fever last night, but hasn't done any barfing yet (thank goodness! David makes it to the toilet, Katy would definitely not!). Poor little thing was being fussy, so I decided to give her a bath right after dinner. I noticed how hot her head was while I was washing her hair, and when I got her out she had a temp of 103! I gave her some tylenol, which didn't help. Poor little girly!

So, silly parents that we are, we woke her up to take her temp & give her more tylenol at 11:15. It was up to 104.9! I don't think I've ever had a child with a temp that high, and it freaked us out! We were worried that the cell batteries that she ate last week had caused some sort of intestinal infection or something! I called the doctor's office, and he wasn't worried at all. My poor baby was so, so hot, but he said we just needed to make her comfortable. So I tried to take her to bed with me, and she thrashed around for a while (and talked, which was very cute and reassuring!). Finally, I took her to her bed, and when I put her down she didn't cry at all, just laid there nicely. She just wanted to sleep in her own bed! Sweet little girl. This morning she's at 103 again, and crawling around getting into things. So if we hadn't woken her up last night we probably would have never known that her fever got that high! Silly us!

2 comments:

Nurse Heidi said...

Yay! You are still alive!

Poor baby...have you tried staggering tylenol and advil? You can give one or the other every three hours. That works well in our house.

miriam said...

poor baby.