Saturday, May 31, 2008

Something I learned today...

Well, it's a good thing we don't drink, because there are many days that I would find it hard to wait until a socially acceptable time to start.

You know how they say you learn something every day? Today I learned that it is a bad idea to water the garden and leave without taking the creatures with you. I haven't totally gotten everything back to pre-strep status, and I really needed to water the garden. I have a pretty messy house and a bunch of people coming over tomorrow, but I thought I'd go out and do the watering and get that out of the way first. I did the back yard, then went out front, assuming some or all of the 4 creatures (3 kids & 1 dog) would follow. Nobody did. I thought "How nice, I'm having a quiet moment while I water the flowers." Silly, silly Rachel!

The dog finally came out to show me she was covered with mud. I have seen her play in the mud by the blackberry bushes, which doesn't bother me too much, and really hoped that's what it was. So I hosed her off, then went back to find THIS.


Molly was not the only one who could not resist the allure of the muddy garden. My nephew, Joey, is getting baptized this evening, so I had gotten Katy dressed all cute so I wouldn't have to change her later (She absolutely hates getting changed, and screams at me, frequently telling me that she is "all done!"). Silly, silly Rachel!



And no, they hadn't been playing in the blackberries. I now have one empty tomato cage!

1 comments:

miriam said...

that's a pretty big rock your little baby is holding. strong!