Friday, May 9, 2008

My big Rynan

Ryan is getting so big. It isn't quite as noticeable most of the time, being between a baby & a big brother, but I've really noticed it lately. For one thing, last night he kept his pull ups dry! He's going to be 4 in 2 months, it's about time, but he's really struggled with potty training. So yay for Ryan! He kept checking to see if he still had his stars, and was very proud of himself!

And a couple days ago, I found this. He is an exceptionally messy eater, so spilling wasn't a big surprise. But this time he tried to clean up his own mess!
And this was his "funny face" he made when I tried to take a picture of him. When he tries to smile, he makes a weird grimace. When he tries to make a funny face, he smiles and squints. Weird kid!
Oh, and I almost forgot a funny story. A couple days ago I had Katy in the bathtub, and I was cleaning the bathroom. Ryan was in his room, and I peeked around the corner & asked him to do something (already can't even remember what). He said "No! You're not the boss of me!" He has never said that before, and David hasn't either. I clearly remember a sudden urge to spray him with the windex, which I was holding. What is he, a naughty cat? So I quickly decided not to do that, and instead growled "Yes I am!" Here's the funny part - his response was a surprised sounding "Oh!" He thought for a second, then told me that he was the boss of himself - I guess he learned that in preschool. I told him that yes he was, but that I could also tell him what to do. Okay, so it doesn't sound that funny, but it really was. I expected a "No you're not," but he just said "Oh!" Really, it was funny...

1 comments:

miriam said...

I hate funny stories like that, that aren't really funny when you tell them, just when it happens. I can't believe he's almost 4. crazy.