Thursday, May 29, 2008

Quick David update

I took David to the Child Psychologist again on Tuesday. He seems very careful not to label him as actually having ADHD, but says he certainly has lots of ADHD symptoms. Good enough for now. I told him that Dan is pretty anxious to get him on meds, and he was fine with that. He can't prescribe them, though, so I have an appointment with a pediatrician tomorrow. He also wanted to make it very clear that ADHD meds don't cure ADHD. They just make it more manageable. So he spent pretty much the entire time talking about parenting. I could read a book on that without having to take 3 kids, drive 27 min, and pay a $20 copay, but hopefully it'll be more helpful. He had some different ideas than I've used before (say what they're doing wrong, say what they should be doing, give two choices), hopefully it'll work!

0 comments: