Thursday, May 29, 2008

Katy's turn for an update!

Well, I wrote about Ryan a couple weeks ago, and David last week, so it's Katy's turn! I kept trying to upload movies (I have tons of Katy doing cute things!), but it didn't always work. And I'd get it started, go do something else...and totally forget to come back. So I only have one for now, I'll try and get more up later.

Remember a month ago when Katy ate 2 batteries and had to have x-rays to make sure there weren't any more? Here's the first one. It's all nice and corroded or something. Poor baby!


And my cute baby put her shoe away! Smart girl!


Here's the one movie I got up. This is Katy's knee walking. As of a couple days ago she pretty much exclusively walks, good thing I got this when I did!


Now for the non-picture update. Katy will be one next week, and she already says lots of words! On Monday I asked her if she wanted her water, and instead of pointing or grunting or something, she said "yes!" It was nice that she chose a holiday to do that, it was fun to have Daddy hear it, too. And she does it a lot now! It seems to mean "yes I want that, even if you haven't asked me yet." Yesterday I took the kids & the dog for a walk, and when we approached the park she started saying "Yes! Yes!" And we kept on walking right past, and she started crying a whole bunch. So, sucker that I am, I took them to the park at the end of the walk. But not right away, I don't want to enforce the fit throwing that she's started lately!

Also, the doctor's office I took David to on Tuesday had a giant fish tank, and Katy saw it and started saying "dish!" And she did it at Walmart yesterday when I was looking at puppy stuff and she spotted the fish behind her. And she does it for our goldfish if I point them out. Super cute!

So, at slightly less than 1 year old, Katy says "nk" for milk, "da" for dog, "yes," "dish" for fish, and she sometimes says "a da" for all done. Smart girly!

3 comments:

miriam said...

smart and cute! best of both words. I can't believe she's almost 1 already!

Nadine said...

What about Book? I thought that was a classic.

Rachel said...

I actually haven't heard her say book in a while. That didn't occur to me until you said that. Weird!