Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Home again

After another long day of driving, we are back home. My mom came with me this time, and thank goodness, cause Katy Goo was quite a handful! Especially at the end again. I guess about 12-13 hours is her max, then she just loses it! This time she started having a really hard time right around Salt Lake, right when everybody is soooo ready to be home. Not nice!

And I just have to ask, are 10 month olds allowed to have tantrums? I think Katy just threw a couple! First because I took the boys' foam darts away from her (she'd bite them with her two tiny teeth!), then because I took the camera away from her. I'm not sure what makes something a tantrum instead of just being upset, but I'm pretty sure that was it. She was crying and screaming like something really bad had happened to her. I guess as far as she is concerned, it did!

Holy cow, as I was typing that, she came over and bit me on the arm! I have two tiny teeth marks on my arm! Silly girl!

2 comments:

miriam said...

That is such a long and boring drive. I'm glad we're flying down this summer.

Katy throwing tantrums already....sounds like she'll be a fun teenager. Hopefully she stops biting you by then :)

Nurse Heidi said...

Glad you made it home! I too have discovered that for all of our sanity, trips under 10 hours are best. California was just a wee bit too long.

I just bought a Thanksgiving Point membership, so we'll have to arrange a time to meet you guys there. My kids are really excited about it, and begged me to go back last night after spending 2 hours at the gardens in the afternoon.