Thursday, June 5, 2008

Happy Birthday to my Katy girl!


My baby is one year old! Where has the time gone? Tuesday was Katy's birthday, and we had a fun day! I took the kids for a walk & to the park in the morning. Then my birthday girl took her nap. Then we went to a friend's house for a little while to play. After Dan got home we did birthday presents. Katy especially likes a ride on toy that Ryan gave her, and a toy puppy on a string that David gave her.


Later we took the kids to a "petting zoo" at the local park for Eagle Mountain's Pony Express Days. There was 1 cow, 1 goat, and a couple chickens. Lame. Then we came home and played outside for a while, then did birthday cake! So much fun!

Since we had her birthday cake at her party on Sunday, I just got a piece ready with a candle. This was not a great idea. She kept pointing at the fire, then suddenly leaned in to eat the plate. And a tiny bit of her hair caught on fire!
I don't think it burned her or anything, I'm pretty sure she's crying because I smacked her head pretty hard to put out the fire. Poor baby!
She starts off daintily eating her cake...
Then she gets into it! Yummy chocolate cake for my Happy Birthday girl!

4 comments:

Mitsy said...

awwwwwwwwwwww....what a cutie! HAPPY BIRTHDAY KATY!!!

Nurse Heidi said...

ROFL that you caught her hair on fire!! What a memorable birthday! She's so cute : ). Email me and we'll figure out a time to go to Farm Country together. My kids have been begging to go.

Alisha B. Whitman said...

Ah! I can't believe her hair caught on fire!!! So sad! But she is darn cute and at least she got into the cake. Neither of my girls have cared to eat it on their first birthdays, which is sad - I totally wanted the messy face pictures!

miriam said...

oh poor katy. that's really funny though. I can't believe she's one already!