Saturday, June 21, 2008

Updated picture

Ok, so i said awhile ago that I would edit the picture of Katy that was almost perfect...except it had a stupid balloon string in front of her face. Well, DONE! I'll show you the original, plus the edited, plus the new awesome Lomo-esque picture I then made with it (look up lomography if you wonder what I am talking about).





While we are at it...here some other before and after pictures. To me, the mistakes I made are glaring. I hope you don't see them though. Although, to be fair...until you had the original to compare, you had no idea that what is really an error was anything at all...



Notice the veins in the forehead, ouchies on the eye, teeth whitening, shadow in the background, eye color adjustment, overall contrast/brightness/color balance changes.



TADA!




Shadows on shirt, stain, teeth, cheeks were just too red, recently eaten food still on face, eye color enhancement....blah blah blah.



Money.

3 comments:

Dan said...

Good job Dan, I know you spent hours working on fixing a difficult picture. You probably had to do things like find pictures of katy wearing the same shirt and moving over the whole collar and copying her left eye, inverting, streching and placing over her right eye, THEN re-inverting the pupil so the reflections match....yeah...good job, and things like manually drawing parts of the shirt back in, and we wont even go into what it took to make her hair look good...

Dan said...

Oh, thank's for noticing...I was pretty proud of the work. Fortunately, all the people who read the blog regularly showed their appreciation by posting about it. Nothing feels better than getting recognition for professional grade work as an ameteur....

Rachel said...

Oh Danny Love, I'm sorry you don't feel sufficiently appreciated. I am very impressed with your work. I'm glad you know how to do all that so I don't have to learn. You are wonderful and amazing and talented.