Thursday, June 12, 2008

The Hogle Zoo!

I still need to post pictures of David's preschool graduation & Katy's birthday party, but I'm not ready for those yet. I do, however, have the pictures ready from our trip to the zoo on Tuesday! A lady in our ward brought over a schedule of fun activities this summer, and that was the first. There were actually only 4 women & their children that came, hopefully others will come next week. And, actually, we weren't with the others much anyways. We wanted to take our time looking at things, and they seemed more in a hurry. Oh well, we still had a blast!

We arrived around 10:45, and the bird show was at 11, so we (my kids & me, and a couple other people) headed straight over. We've seen it before, but it still is so cool! The birds fly right over the audience!



The boys were mesmerized. The bird show really held their attention!

The only bad part of the day was on the way out of the bird show. I walked up the stairs holding Katy, and the boys followed me. Only at some point Ryan started following someone else I think, because I put Katy in the stroller, then turned around to have him get in, and he was gone! We were right by the carousel, so I looked around there, then back at the bird show...nothing. It was so scary! I've lost David before, but usually in Walmart. They call a Code Adam, and he's back within a couple minutes. Ryan was missing for probably 10-15 minutes before Janelle, my visiting teaching companion, found him with a security guy. Poor little guy was very sad! I was so relieved to have my little Rynan back!



After we found Ryan we sat down & ate lunch, then finally started looking at animals. Katy LOVED it! She especially liked the small animal building, where they were so close & easy to spot. This is a meerkat, and it kept walking back and forth in front of her. She thought that was pretty cool.

Silly Katy. One of her favorite animals was a wild cat, that looked pretty much like a regular house cat. Didn't have to drive an hour & pay $20 to see one of those!

There IS glass there, I promise!

David took this picture, didn't he do a good job?

Then a nice stranger came and took one of all of us. I think David took a better picture, but this one has all of us.

The boys were quite excited to see a cheetah. Katy isn't even looking at it. I think it was too far for her to get a good enough look at it.

Katy did NOT want to sit on the Elephant's trunk!

...but she cheered up later

At the end we stopped by the playground. The kids loved this one! Really, they did! It just doesn't look like it here.

Madagascar Hissing Cockroach...ew!

And here's our obligatory picture by the sign. Katy was definitely ready to leave by this point. At least the boys still look like they're having fun!

2 comments:

miriam said...

looks like a fun trip. why would they have gross cockroaches at the zoo? sick. I agree, David's picture is better than the stranger's.

Alisha B. Whitman said...

How fun! It's been way too long since we've been to the zoo, although we did get to go to a tiny petting zoo at the rose festival. The goats had Jenelle in hysterics for some reason. Kids are so funny.