Friday, June 13, 2008

Looking for the positive

In an effort to have a better day, I'm trying to focus on the positive. Here's what's good so far today:

The boys both got dressed while I took a shower! I didn't have to nag them!


Ryan kept his trophies (the design on his pull ups that disappears when he goes potty in them)! He usually wets in his sleep, but last night he stayed dry all night!

Little Katy was coughing really bad this morning, but I brought her in the shower with me, and she hasn't coughed since! She seems to be feeling much better!

And since I had a reason to shower early, I was totally dressed, hair & make up done, before 9:00! If you've never been a SAHM, you don't know how big of a deal that is!

Oh, and Katy already went down for her nap! She fell asleep nursing, so she didn't have to cry or anything!

My garden is growing nicely! And the spots that either didn't grow (the lettuce), started growing then died (the cucumbers), or were pulled up by the dog (the last tomato) I get to redo today! I remembered to buy more seeds/plants last night, so I'm going to do that with the boys as soon as I'm done here.

Little Molly likes her crate! We're working on crate training, which is a pretty gradual process, but she frequently goes in there on her own!

My sister's kitty had 6 kittens last night! SO CUTE! We're going to go visit them in the next couple days (Nadine, what are you doing Sunday? Maybe we could come for dinner & kitty admiring?).

There, I feel much better already! That's my mission for today, to focus on the positive!

2 comments:

miriam said...

good job ryan! and I'm glad katy isn't coughing anymore. have fun planting your garden! I have a hibiscus, that's about the extent of a garden for me. I wish I got to go see the kitties!!

Nadine said...

Oh, that's my kitty! We already have tentative plans for Sunday dinner, but I'll keep you posted. Sounds like you have a lot of great things and I'm glad you're feeling better.