Monday, June 23, 2008

Oh, the drama!

Good grief. Can't even go for a simple jog without problems.

It took us until 9:00 to get going this morning. We got out by about 7:30 or 8:00 the last couple times, but today it just took longer to get my act together. And somehow, even by 9:00, Ryan couldn't get dressed. He got UNdressed, then laid on the living room floor naked as I repeatedly nagged at him. I got Katy dressed & ready, put my shoes on...and made Ryan come naked! He had PLENTY of time to get dressed, he just chose to lay around instead. I was kind enough to bring out his underwear for him, but that was it. I thought it'd embarrass him to be naked, and maybe next time he'd take me seriously and get dressed. But as we walked back onto the driveway I said "Hey Ryan, maybe next time you'll get dressed when I ask you to...or did you like going naked." He said he like going naked. Shoot.


Molly wishes I could run faster. She spends a lot of the time, especially once we've reached the church & turned around, pulling at the leash. If only I could figure out a way to get her to pull the stroller...
And David gets tired by the end. Actually, by the halfway point. Then he walks his bike. I keep telling him that that takes more energy than riding, but he's five and doesn't listen to me. It's highly frustrating. I'm trying to jog while pushing a non-jogging stroller filled with 60 lbs of kid (40 lbs of Ryan & 20 lbs of Katy) and keep Molly nicely at my side (not getting in the way of said stroller), and he can't just ride his bike and not cause problems. Once he starts getting tired he goes slower and doesn't ride as straight. So he's wobbling back and forth, trying to keep the bike up (which he only recently learned to ride w/out training wheels) while barely pedaling. Of course that's hard! Get going faster, it's way easier! I've even told him that he doesn't have to stay with me - we only go about .7 miles, then turn and head back the same way we came, and most of the way is a long, fairly straight, wide sidewalk. So I'm fine with him going ahead of me. He does that for a little while, then slows way down, I pass him, and he ends up trailing way behind and making me exert precious energy trying to get him to catch up. Grumble grumble grumble.

Katy was a perfect angel on the jog. Thank goodness for that!

0 comments: