Monday, June 30, 2008

Lehi Family Fun Day!

So, I really enjoy taking the kids to do fun things. Maybe that'll slow down once the kids are in school, but when I rarely leave the house for anything other than errands, it's nice to have something fun to do. Especially when it's free or cheap! Saturday we took the kids to the Lehi Parade & Family Fun Day. We only spent $13, and we were there from 10:00 when the parade started until around 2:00! And we all had some funnel cake and cotton candy, too! The kids were all sweaty & sticky by the time we left, but we all had a great time!

We were silly and didn't bring a camera. I remembered about 2 min away from home, but we were already running late and didn't think it was worth it. I'm sad we didn't take the time to get it! I used my phone to get a few pics, but they aren't all that amazing. Oh well, at least we captured a few things.

One of the things at the Family Fun Day was a little petting farm. Katy loved it! Dan already posted the pictures of Katy loving the tiny white goat (if you haven't already seen them, just scroll down a bit). It was so cute! She tried to love this goat, too, but it wasn't as cuddly. In fact, this picture looks like it's getting ready to stick a horn through her head...
Silly Ryan. He kept asking to go on a big inflatable slip and slide, then cried when he got to go. So his cool Spiderman face ran a little from the tears. And as soon as I held up my phone to take his picture he did this. Lovely.
And there is a debate about whose fault David's smeared face paint is. Dan dumped some water in his hand, then rubbed it in David's hair to cool him off. I think some ran down his face, but Dan really thinks David just smeared it. Either way, here's a cool Spiderman David.
And here's what I'm the most sad about not having better pictures of! There were a bunch of big inflatable toys (a bounce house, a giant slide, etc.)...then there was this small swing thing. I don't even think it was electric, the guy had to push it to start every time. Then it would go for a couple minutes before he had to manually stop it. I was just going to have the boys do it, but I realized it would probably be safe for Katy. I thought she might be scared, but she LOVED it! And oh, what a fit she threw when it was done!

2 comments:

DeLana said...

Looks like fun. Have you tried the Herriman Splash park? It is free and has a huge playground by it.

miriam said...

man, I live in a really lame place. the coolest thing that happens in pullman (not counting any wsu stuff) is the lentil festival. lentil, as in the bean thing.