Monday, June 23, 2008

Katy's Birthday Party!

Another post I should've done several weeks ago. I'm playing blog catch up today, sorry. At least I'm not doing 16 posts at a time like somebody...

For Katy's birthday party we had a little family birthday party. My sister & her hubby came (and posted pictures from it right away...they're more on the ball than I am...), along with Dan's parents, his three sisters, one brother-in-law, and five of his nieces & nephews. It was a good group. I made a whole bunch of homemade pizza, since it's Katy's favorite (one of the few things I can get her to eat these days...). And I planned a few small activities so the kids wouldn't say "It's a party, what are we going to do?" like they did at David's first birthday party.
I got a new bubble machine (our other one tipped over backwards and spilled bubbles into the mechanical parts and stopped working...you'd think a bubble machine could handle bubbles spilling in it...), and just had bubbles going for a while. The kids all loved it! Katy especially thought it was really cool to have bubbles raining down on her!

Katy loves those bubbles!
This is why Katy had such an awesome messy cake face on her actual birthday - we did a rehearsal 2 days earlier! She was a little more timid then...
...but she did decide she likes it...
...and got kind of messy! She did much better on her birthday, though.

We also did freeze dancing, which all the kids seemed to love! I was worried that they'd be bored with my simple activities, but they seemed to have a great time. And Katy loved them, which is the most important thing, of course. Bubbles, cake, and dancing - what more could a one year old want?

1 comments:

Mitsy said...

soooo...cute and I love the new looks of your blog...very cool!