Saturday, June 21, 2008

One more

This was edited using a freeware program called GIMP. Built originally for the Linux operating system, it is a powerful tool (though not as good as Photoshop, by any means).

The picture was taken while in California during Halloween of 2007. It was taken with my dad's digital SLR camera, and in all honesty is why I:

1) Now own a good SLR camera myself
2) Am getting into photography

Here you go. One last note, this was the first real editing of a picture I had ever attempted. If you go to the post just before this one you can see how far I have come along. I was especially proud that I had made the background different.


1 comments:

Nurse Heidi said...

Cool!!! Figuring out how to take better pictures and editing them is on my list of things to do. I get really frustrated by my camera, actually. Maybe Christmas will be good for me...