Thursday, March 6, 2008

Is it dorky to post so often?

Ah, well, I don't care. I have more to post about.



Look what I found outside this afternoon! Yay! I also found some green shoots that may be all the tulips I planted 2 years ago that didn't work last year. Any gardeners know what these are?



And we decided to go to the park this afternoon because it looked like such a nice day. But the wind was so cold! Luckily, I noticed the wind before we left, so we all got jackets, and I grabbed a kite! It took quite a few tries, but we got it up!




That's where the story goes south, though. David asked a couple times if we could go show our kite to people. I said no. Then Ryan found some gloves in his pockets, and was having me put them on, meanwhile seeming to try really hard to counteract me. David took that opportunity to start walking around the cul-de-sac. And the kite fell and got caught on the Hoffman's roof. We eventually were able to pull it down, but that would not have happened if he hadn't disobeyed me! Then I had him carry the kite while I carried the string, so we could go home and untangle the small knots that had arisen from the roof encounter. One time he tried to run ahead of me, and I stopped him. Then he saw Ryan near the house, and started sprinting for it (so he could be first), and the kite string snapped. No big deal, but silly! Why couldn't we have just had an uneventful trip to the park?

2 comments:

JoJo Gonzo said...

Post often. I check every day!

miriam said...

It's only a little dorky. But I told you that you have so much to post about having kids. I like being an aunt, but I don't like being an aunt that's 100s of miles away, so I like all the posts.