Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Our trips to the farm!

Last Friday was one of the first nice days we've had around here, so I decided to take the kids to the farm (Farm Country at Thanksgiving Point). They had so much fun! In fact, yesterday on the way to preschool Ryan asked if we could go again. I try to run all of my errands while they're at preschool (1 kid is soooo much easier to handle than 3!), and was planning on getting some perishable food at my last stop before picking them up. So I asked them "Would you rather I go shopping while you're at preschool and we go straight home, or go to the farm and have to go grocery shopping afterwards?" They both immediately said "Go to the farm!" So we ended up going again! It meant going to Albertsons with all 3 kids, but it wasn't too bad. I'm glad they like the farm so much (Thanks to Grandma & Grandpa Smith for the membership!)!

Here are some pics from Friday


The calf tried eating/licking Ryan's jacket, and he thought it tickled!


Ryan was a little nervous about the pony ride, but David thought it was great!

We got lucky enough to see the peacock with his tail feathers spread! He was so beautiful!

So David said "I want the white one to show his feathers" and I was like "what do you want me to do about that?" Right then, he did!


And here are some from yesterday! It was even nice enough to leave our jackets in the car!

Silly Ryan, what a cheesy...can you even call that a smile?


5 comments:

JoJo Gonzo said...

That is awesome. Looks like fun

miriam said...

fun! we don't have anything fun like that around here. they do have the vet school bears, but they hibernate forever. oh, and I like Ryan's shirt! I miss those boys! they are a lot of fun!

Rachel said...

I wondered if you'd notice. He loves the color red, so he chooses that shirt a lot!

miriam said...

that's good! maybe someday he'll like the school that goes along with it! I'm turning blue cougars into crimson cougs!

Kandis Smith said...

Hey rachel! Your kids are sooo cute and soooo big! I can't believe you have three! Looks like your doing well! Have a great day!