Monday, March 3, 2008

Lastly - Super Katy!

Katy is amazing. She is nine months old today, and constantly doing things that amaze us. We've been thinking for a while that she is intentionally saying "Dada" for Dan, because she says it a ton whenever he's around, and rarely any other time. Then today, I swear she said "book." She was in her bedroom pulling all the books off her bookshelf (her new favorite game) while the boys were getting in their pajamas. She was kind of babbling "bababa," then she clearly said "book." David and I looked at each other, and I said "did you hear that?" and he was like "yeah!" I'm sad that my witness it 5 and therefore not as believable as an adult, but she really did. And she said it a couple more times while getting ready for bed. In fact, for a little while she said "book, dada, book, dada," like she was practicing her words. Cute!

While we were in the "big city" today for David's doctor appointment, I took the kids to the park. It was a beautiful day! With coats on, it wasn't even that cold! And Katy got her first ride in a swing! She absolutely loved it! She kicked her legs so hard she almost moved the swing enough for me to stop pushing! She thought it was super cool to be one of the big kids! (And who else thinks it's cool that I took this pic with my cell phone, texted it to my email address, saved it to my computer, uploaded it to photobucket, and posted it here for you all to see? What a world!)



Oh, and I'm pretty sure she's finally working on some teeth. I feel a bump on the bottom. Poor baby girl!

4 comments:

miriam said...

see, isn't blogging fun? you have so much more to blog about simply because you have kids! cute kids, I might add. Katy's ponytails are looking good!

miriam said...

oh, and you don't have to upload to photobucket first, you can upload it from your computer when your writing the post.

Nurse Heidi said...

Yay!!!! I'm so glad you have a blog! And I'm super jealous that Katy has enough hair to make a pony tail.... ; ). My Katie is nowhere close to that. Hey, a bunch of BBC gals that have little babes about our same age are getting together next week. I'll send you an email with the details if you're interested.

Jenn said...

Very cute! Yea for another blogger!!! My list is starting to get longer! :)