Monday, March 3, 2008

Next - Ryan's rough weekend

Poor little Rynan. He has had a really bad couple of days. It all started Thursday night. We had just finished playing with glow-in-the-dark bracelets (I can get a tube of 15 of them for $1, and the kids love to make them all glow and play with them), and it was time to have a snack and stories - 7:35. Ryan went to the freezer and got a frozen go-gurt. Then he tripped/slipped, and came into the living room crying. That happens ALL the time. Then we saw the blood. :-( Poor little guy had a pretty big gash in his head! I took him to the instacare, and they glued it together for him (WAY better than stitches, thank goodness!). So we went home and went to bed.






I woke up that night at 4:30 am with chills, and I knew I was coming down with the flu-like awfulness that Dan had. The next morning I took my temperature, then took his too, just because I already had the thermometer. And he was at 102.0! Poor little guy! They had taken his temp the night before at the instacare, and it was normal! By early afternoon he peaked at 103.0, and I couldn't even convince him to drink juice or lick a popsicle. Which was good, because shortly after his bath he threw up all over his naked body, the couch, and his lovey. This news convinced Dan to come home and take him to the doctor (remember, I was sick this whole time as well!). Poor little Rynan had an ear infection! We think that's the reason for the barfing (3 times total), because Dan, Katy, and I all had the same fever, cough, etc. with no barfing. They did the test for the flu, which came back negative (although may not be 100% accurate). So he got some antibiotics and was sent back home. It was up and down (the fever & the way he was feeling) Saturday & Sunday, and seems to be gone today. Poor little guy!